Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thing 9 YouTube

I have used YouTube quite often in my classroom for a variety of reasons.  You really can find pretty much anything on YouTube that you could need.  Last year we watched the life cycle of butterflies just before our own study of them.  I was able to put this link onto my website so the students could share this experience with their families at home. 
You do have to be very careful and make sure to watch any clips before showing them to students.  A fellow teacher and I were looking at cute kittens once and the next thing we knew we were taken to an alarming video with very adult content. 
I have never left a comment on a video before so that was a new experience, but I do not think I would need to do this in the future. 
I have heard of so many highschool students given the assignment of creating and posting a video on YouTube to go along with what they are doing in the classroom- what a great idea, I bet my first graders would enjoy that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment