Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thing 13 Social Bookmarking

What teacher has the time to sit down at their computer at school and find ideas and plan for their lessons?  I teach a class of 25 first graders that just don't give me the time to do that, nor do I want to!  What is that saying about how all great teachers steal their ideas from other great teachers?  Why recreate the wheel that has already been created for you?  We all know that teachers spend so much time outside of school working on our plans.  I love this idea of being able to find sites and ideas on my home computer and then be able to access them from my work computer in an organized manner.  I also look forward to looking through sites that others have tagged that may appeal to me as well.  We need to remember that this is public, so we have to be careful what we tag as important to us.  What we tag tells a lot about us!

1 comment:

  1. The beauty of Delicious, as you've discovered, is that you can search for sites others have found useful. However, if you want to keep any of your bookmarks private, there is a box that you can check to do that. In my Delicious account, I tend to make my professional (work related) bookmarks public, but the ones that relate to my personal interests private. It's up to you, but you do have control over that.

    ReplyDelete