Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thing 1 and 2

I am enjoying the class so far and love to hear what others are doing in their classroom.  Lots of questions have come to mind including how I will be able to apply what I am learning to my first grade classroom.  My students do not have cell phones and many do not have a computer at home.  I wasn't really impressed with the sample assignment in the video of using the cell phone to gather information.
I have been able to do a few things involving technology within my classroom this year and the kids always get so excited!  Right now we are watching the Live stream video of the eagles that have hatched in Iowa.  The class gets really grossed out when it's feeding time. 
I do worry that podcasts are going to put me out of a job someday, could they replace teachers altogether?  I think people need to have real face to face interactions with others.  I am already seeing a lack of social skills in my first graders. 
Creating a blog was fun and I look forward to following others and reading their posts. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the course - we're glad you're here. Good teachers will never be replaced by technology. I agree with you that personal contact is really important. What's hard is finding the right balance between online time and face to face time. Hopefully this course will help you work that out for your own situation.

    ReplyDelete