Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thing 19

Move over Oprah, I am starting my own Podcast!  Well... at least I am excited about trying it.  My husband has been downloading podcasts for some time now and I enjoy listening to them in the car with him.  Until now, I don't really think I understood how he did it.  I loved seeing the different Podcast available for Educators.  I am starting a new grade level next year and look forward to using some of these Podcasts to help with my planning.  http://storynory.com/ was one of my favorite sites and think students would really enjoy listening to the stories that are available.   http://mps.wes.schoolfusion.us/modules/cms/pages.phtml?sessionid=cc17faa3b4b3cc4b4356056651b975f8&pageid=115312&sessionid=cc17faa3b4b3cc4b4356056651b975f8 Radio WillowWeb is also something that I would like to subscribe to in the future.  I really appreciate all of the hard work that goes into creating a Podcast.  Students would have to do research, do lots of writing, work on teamwork, planning, rehearsing, presenting, etc.  What wonderful lessons!  Parents would love being able to hear what is happening in the classroom especially if the students are involved in the presentation.  I think my Monthly Newsletter might become a thing of the past.

1 comment:

  1. Oprah is cooperating - she moved over yesterday so there's lots of room for you to take over. :-)

    Seriously, Radio Willow Web is one of my very favorite collections of podcasts. It's a great example of what can be done. Here's a link to a booklet created by Tony Vincent who was instrumental in getting the Radio Willow Web podcasts started: http://learninginhand.com/storage/podcasting_images/Podcasting_Booklet.pdf

    ReplyDelete